Best 2018 Chicago Tech Events for Students06 Aug 2018
I’ve lived in Chicago three years so here are my favorite tech meetups and recurring events in terms of my interest and availability to students in general. Most require an RSVP.
- If you’re a student in higher education in Illinois, (and even if you’re not,) then I highly recommend signing up for Illinois Tech Association and their newsletter.
- Webinars and networking events, talent portal job board.
- When subscribing, choose the “Insider” newsletter for early notice of events.
- Coming soon is a code challenge competition this fall, 2018 ITA Tech Challenge.
- Anita Borg Institute Chicago chapter hosts the 3rd Annual diversiTECH Hiring Fair August 15 2018 at The Connectory, 5th Floor of Merchandise Mart.
Chi Hack Night
- Civic Hacking and guest presentations, food, coding, meeting people.
- They coordinate via Twitter/website.
- You must RSVP with your name (and show ID) to attend.
- Chicago Digital Accessibility & Inclusive Design:
- Hack Night scheduled this Wednesday night,tomorrow in fact.
- at the Nerdery, worth a visit just to see their office space.
Tech In Motion
- They host annual gatherings and tons other events.
React Chicago on Meetup
- Next event Lightning / Short Talks is on Wednesday, August 29, 2018.
BLUE1647 Meetup - Tech, Entrepreneurship & Social Innovation
- Currently no events, but a great place to visit, also on Twitter.
Built In Chicago on Meetup
- Use Meetup page to coordinate events. You receive specific instructions to attend on event descriptions.
- Also the Built in Chicago site itself, part of the BuiltIn network. It’s useful.
- Super useful calendar of Chicago Tech Events, also on Twitter.